Counselling for students with special health needs
Counselling for students with disabilities, chronic illness or psychological impairments is based on the principle of peer counseling. This means that the counsellor is affected by discrimination in the same way as the person being counseled. The counselling has the ambition to help to solve problems in an emancipatory and equal way.
The main focus of our counselling is on the following topics:
- Application for a place at university via hardship application
- Compensation for disadvantages and inclusion through adapted study and examination conditions
- Disability/illness and Bafög (age limits, maximum duration of support, etc.)
- Disability related additional needs during studies: financial aid for students with disabilities/illness
- Change of study after 1. diagnosis
- Long term study
- Resumption of studies after health-related time off
- Supplementing and communicating the list of deficiencies in the sense of a barrier-free, inclusive university
- Accompaniment to other consultations within the AStA or other advisory services and appointments with the university administration
- Room for networking between affected students and other groups and initiatives
- Medical certificates
- Official medical certificates
- Diplomatic solutions to conflicts with university institutions
- (representative) lawsuit
The disability counselling should also provide space for empowerment. In this context, special needs, obstacles or problems in everyday student life can be worked out in a discussion. We attach particular importance to solidarity, reflection on non-violent communication and self-determined advocacy for one's own rights.
A lot of information is available on the website: https://enthinderungsberatung.astafu.de
Counselling hours in winter semester 2019/2020:
- Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00h
- Thursday 10:00 - 13:00h
It is also possible to make appointments outside counselling hours by e-mail.
Phone: 030/839091-10 (only during counselling hours)