Das Studentenwerk Berlin vergibt ab sofort zweimal jährlich Zuschüsse zum Studienstart und zum Studienabschluss. Studierende können einmalig 1.000 Euro Unterstützung erhalten.
Erstmalig ist die Bewerbung zum Sommersemester 2016 möglich.
Bewerbungsschluss ist der 15. März 2016.
Zuschuss zum Start ins Studium
Zuschuss zum Studienabschluss
Wer kann einen Zuschuss zum erfolgreichen Studienabschluss erhalten?
Studierende, die finanziell bedürftig sind (z.B. Flüchtlinge, internationale Studierende ohne Stipendienförderung, ehemals Alg II Empfänger, Studierende mit Familie, Studierende mit Behinderung und chronischer Erkrankung)
Improved accessibility and usability of many ICT products and services can increase the inclusion and participation of persons with disabilities in society. Accessible websites, media formats and assistive technology can support persons with disabilities to take up employment, be involved in their community and become active citizens. Innovation is a key element to further develop new ways to enhance access to ICT for persons with disabilities.
The European Disability Forum (EDF) is pleased to announce a scholarship, funded by Oracle, for the 2015-2016 academic year for students with disabilities studying in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related fields.
The scholarship will be for 8.000 Euro for the 2015-2016 academic year. It will be awarded based on a project or research that will be conducted during the academic year. It will be judged on the basis of its originality; its scientific quality and respect to the state of the art; how it takes into account the diverse needs of persons with disabilities; its innovativeness and the contribution it makes to advance e-accessibility for persons with disabilities.
WHO CAN APPLY
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a student with a disability in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related field.
- Be a European Union (EU) citizen and resident within the EU and enrolled at a university in the EU for the 2014-2015 academic year, including online universities based in the EU.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree, or enrolled, or intend to be enrolled in, a Master’s or PhD programme at a university in the EU for the 2015-2016 academic year, including online universities based in the EU.
- Maintain a strong academic record.
- Plan to submit a project/thesis in which the needs of persons with disabilities in terms of accessibility to ICT (e-Accessibility) are taken into consideration, and/or an innovative solution to enhance their access is proposed. For those enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree, the project must be a component of the final year programme.
Applicants will be asked to submit via email:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current and intended universities for the 2015-2016 school year).
- Proof of disability.
- Academic transcripts reached so far from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
- Executive summary of your project/thesis (no more than two pages) in English
- Recommendation and feedback letter from an academic supervisor.
- Application to be emailed to:
<x-msg://email@example.com> with subject
line to read: EDF-Oracle Scholarship